Our Life With Raymond

Our Life With Raymond

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thanks for checking out my new blog Our Life with Raymond!

Hi! We are the Lara Family. Not your typical family as most would think....we are fun loving, sometimes goofy, and I hate to say it, but usually late. I call us the "Late Lara" family. I'm sure there could be more to describe us, but I can't think at this moment. I decided to start this blog as a way of being able to share the many blessings in our life that God has sent our way.   Our boys are gifts from Heaven, they truly are.  Roman is 14 and Raymond is 12.  Both our boys are unique individuals with special talents....but I want to share some of the talents and blessings that Raymond brings to our life each day that people might not realize.  This blog is a way to record our memories, fun stories, trials, and the ups and downs with Raymond.  See...Raymond has Cerebral Palsy (injury to the brain that happened during a very tramatic birth), Mitochondrial Myopathy (a simple definition would be the body's cells don't produce enough energy that the body requires...a very complex disorder), he is profoundly deaf, but has been hearing since age 6 thanks to a Cochlear Implant, he is feed through a feeding tube (G-tube) and has chronic issues with his GI system and lungs.  He is very medically fragile and completely dependent on us for his every need.  That all being said (and I really tried to make it brief) he is a beautiful gift from God!!!  He has blessed our entire family and continues to bless us each day.  If I am having a difficult day, it can all be fixed by a smile or giggle from Raymond.  I hope that this blog can be a way to share our ups and downs with others, and to share what God has done for us through the many trials we have had along the way.  There is so much to say about Our Life With Raymond. 

1 comment: