Our Life With Raymond

Our Life With Raymond

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sick Little Boy - Jan. 21, 2011

Well, I am new at this whole “blog” thing, and I have hesitated posting, not sure what to write first.  See, I am a glass half-full kind of gal, and there are SO many amazing life experiences and blessing that have occurred because of Raymond’s disability, for all of us, our entire family.  I’m just not sure what story to tell first…there are so many.  But as I sit here trying to write, I am sitting next to my sick little boy.  A little background, on a normal day, when Raymond is healthy, he requires breathing treatments twice a day because of poor lung capacity, low trunk control and has a continuous cough because he does not handle his saliva or normal secretions well.  He gets 4 feedings a day through the G-tube, stretching and physical therapy and medicine throughout the day.  So, now that he is sick, he gets 3-4 breathing treatments a day, with VEST treatments (CPT-Chest Percussion Therapy, in picture), suctioning of secretions, and more medications (anti-viral & antibiotic).  When he gets a typical cold, it can very easily turn into pneumonia, so we aggressively treat to prevent that.  Now, as I am writing this, he has been sick for 5 days and has now shared it with me….yep, I’m not feeling to well, but must continue.  That would be any mom right to care for typical kiddos when they, themselves are not feeling well.  But…I think this is God’s way of slowing me down, keeping me at home, focused on my most important job, caring for my family.  I can’t run all over town doing errands or going to meetings for my volunteer work when Ray is sick.  I think God tells me to slow down and focus and He reminds me…”I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13.  God will give me what I need.  So as I finish this post and give a slight yawn of exhaustion, I will give Ray a little hug before the next treatment, soon our older son, Roman will be home from Jr High with hopefully some fun news….so I will say goodbye for now….more stories to come. 

The Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment