Our Life With Raymond

Our Life With Raymond

Monday, May 14, 2012

Update for "His Eyes Say it All"


I can not thank you all enough for your support and prayers for Raymond and his ability to use his eyes for communication.  I am sorry that it has taken me so long to post an update to what has happened.  Last Tuesday, we were preparing for Raymond’s evaluation with the eye-gaze system on the next day, when we got a call from the Tobii Company, the 3 month trial which was supposed to be over on the 10th, had been extended until the 16th.  The request for the extension came from the team in LA evaluating Raymond; they wanted to make sure we would have time to meet with the company rep to ensure we had a really good calibration for Raymond’s eyes.  So, we have had the device for one more week.  We drive down Tuesday morning, May 15th for his evaluation now, and the device is set to be returned on Wednesday.  We are so grateful for all of your support; I know those prayers helped give us just a little more time.  The new calibration the rep was able to get on Friday is working well for Raymond. 

Last week, I put four pictures of options on the screen for Raymond and asked him what he would like to do….Go Outside or Watch TV, I also put “undesirable” items on the screen to test his accuracy (Example - a paper clip). He hit the paper clip once, after I handed it to him, he smiled and just looked at me….I said “Is this what you wanted?”  He looked back at the screen and selected the picture of outside, the computer said “I want to go outside.” So we started towards the back door, he started giggling before I got the door all the way opened.  While outside, we played with the dog for awhile, then came back inside.  Back to the computer we went, and again I asked Raymond….”What would you like to do now...go back outside or watch TV?”  Right away….he selected “I want to go outside” he hit the selection 3 times in a row.  Again came the giggles and Ray’s big brother Roman joined us outside for a game of catch.  We went outside a total of 3 times that night, all per Raymond’s requests. We only stopped because it was dinner time. 

Will you please continue to join us in prayer for God’s will for Raymond, that if it is His will for Raymond to be able communicate with this device, that God will strengthen Raymond’s abilities and help him to have a good day for his evaluation?
The picture below was taken after the boys were playing catch, the ball was still in Raymond’s scoop, he was having a blast with his brother.  I know Raymond has so much to tell us….you can see it through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment